A small milk glass lidded pedestal bowl in the "Wedding Roses and Bows" pattern from Westmoreland Glass Company. The bowl and lid are decorated with a handpainted garland of red roses, blue flowers, and green leaves finished with purple bows in each corner and gold trim throughout. The bowl measures 4" across the rim, 2 3/4" across the square pedestal base, and stands 7 3/4" high. The condition is very good.
Westmoreland Glass Company of Grapevine, Pennsylvania, was originally called Specialty Glass Company, which was founded in East Liverpool, Ohio in 1888. The name was changed to Westmoreland in 1924 and was known for producing fine quality pressed glass bowls and condiment jars, candy-filled glass jars, milk glass, and hen on nest containers until the company ceased operations in 1984.